Κυριακή 13 Νοεμβρίου 2011

Talk That Talk is the sixth studio album by Barbadian recording artist Rihanna, and is scheduled for release on November 18, 2011 through Def Jam Recordings



Talk That Talk combines a variety of musical genres, including hip hop, R&B, electro, dancehall and dubstep, a genre first heard on the singers fourth studio album, Rated R.The opening track, "You Da One", which was produced by Dr. Luke, is a bouncy mid-tempo song with a Caribbean flavor, and features a dubstep influenced breakdown towards the middle of the song."Where Have You Been", produced by Dr. Luke and Ester Dean, runs through an acoustic beat and incorporates elements of trance.The lead single, "We Found Love", is an electro house and dance-pop song.The title track, "Talk That Talk" features rapper Jay-Z and samples The Notorious B.I.G.'s "I Got A Story To Tell". The fifth track, "Cockiness (Love It)", was produced by Bangladesh features hip hop and dancehall influences.The sixth track, "Birthday Cake", produced by Da Internz and The-Dream, is an interlude lasting one minute and 18 seconds. It runs through a distorted electro beat. The seventh track, "We All Want Love", is an acoustic song with shaking drum beats. The eighth track, "Drunk On Love", was produced by longtime collaborators StarGate and Ester Dean features elements of trance influenced beats and clattering synths. The tenth track, "Watch n' Learn", features a flirtatious and playful hip hop melody with grinding synths.The final track of the standard edition, "Farewell", is a ballad. The first bonus track of the deluxe edition, "Red Lipstick", is a dubstep song produced by Chase & Status and The-Dream and features co-production from Rihanna. The thirteenth track of the album, "Do Ya Thing", is an R&B song co-produced by The-Dream and Rihanna.The final track of the album, "Fool In Love", is a midtempo song with acoustic guitars.


1. You Da One (Produced by Dr Luke, Ester Dean)
Already billed as her next single (to be officially unveiled tomorrow), 'You Da One' is a bouncy, midtempo number oozing with Caribbean flavour. "You da one that I'm feeling/ You da one that I'm loving," she boasts before the chorus of playground chanting ensues, followed by a sludgy dubstep moment in the middle.

2. Where Have You Been (Produced by Dr Luke, Ester Dean)
This immediate standout kicks off to a cantering acoustic beat as RiRi wonders how she's been coping without the current beau in her life. As the trancey, Benny Benassi-esque beats slowly seep in, she asks, "Where have you been all my li-i-i-ife?" In short, it's the album's 'Don't Stop The Music'.

3. We Found Love (Produced by Calvin Harris)
You should all know about this one by now; and in the context of the rest of the album it's easily its most club-friendly moment.
 
4. Talk That Talk (Produced by Stargate, Ester Dean)
The only collaboration on the album, because, as her manager puts it: "We didn't believe in collaborations. It's important to stand on your own." Over a seductive, booty-bouncing riff that samples Notorious BIG's 'I Got A Story To Tell', Hova does his usual braggathon ("We're heading to the top/ If you're coming come on"), while Rihanna flirts: "I love the way you talk that talk to me."

5. Cockiness (Love It) (Produced by Bangladesh)
"I want you to be my sex life," she reveals on this head-spinning cut that infuses dancehall, hip-hop and jungle beats to glorious effect. "Suck my cockiness/ Lick my persuasion/ Eat my words and then/ Swallow all your pride down," she unashamedly asks, before admitting, "I love it when you eat it" on the earworm hook.

6. Birthday Cake (Produced by Da Internz, Dream)
The LP is divided by this brief interlude, which clocks it at 1m 18s. "I'm-a make you my bitch/ It's not even my birthday/ I wanna f**k you right now," she teases over squelchy and distorted electro beats. On first listen, however, it seemed to disrupt the flow rather than help it along.

7. We All Want Love (Produced by NO I D, Ester Dean)
The first of two slower moments on the record (three including the bonus tracks), Ri admits that behind all the whips, chains and filthy puns, she's a big ol' softy at heart. "I can pretend that I'm not lonely/ but I'd be lying to myself," she admits over stadium-shaking drums and a lullaby guitar riff, before declaring: "We all want the same thing/ We all want love."

8. Drunk on Love (Produced by Stargate, Ester Dean)
We correctly guessed the producer of this track due to its trancey, 'Te Amo'-esque intro that samples The xx's own 'Intro'. Rihanna declares herself "a hopeless romantic... I just wanna be in love", over a storm of drums and clattering synths. It also includes the LP's most thoughtful lyric: "I wear my heart on my sleeve/ Always let love take the lead."

9. Roc Me Out (Produced by Stargate, Rob Swire)
A jet-black, crotch-popping number oozing with 'tude and a killer chorus that makes for another standout moment. "Roc me out back and forth/ Roc me out on the floor... I've been a bad girl daddy," she teases. In short, it's the love child of her previous smashes 'Hard' and 'Rude Boy'.

 
10. Watch n' Lean (Produced by Hip Boy, Pricilia Renee)
Ri gets her Nicki Minaj on over a playful and flirtatious hip-pop melody and suitably grinding synths. In her speedy speech she tells her man everywhere she wants to get it on - including the bed, the floor and the couch.

11. Farewell (Produced by Alex Da Kid, Ester Dean)
The title may make it seem the obvious closing track, but this emotive ballad still manages to hold the pace. "So farewell/ Somebody's gonna miss that you were here," she calls out over a suitably rousing melody as she wishes the ex who dumped her all the best for the future...sob!

Bonus tracks :

12. Red Lipstick (Produced by Chase & Status, The Dream, Rihanna)
Despite some dodgy claims that it pinches Metallica's 'Wherever I May Roam', Chase & Status have nonetheless put their stamp on this dark 'n' twisted dubstep number.

13. Do Ya Thang (Produced by The Dream, Rihanna)
A light and fluffy R&B number with a subtle hook and a simple message. RiRi states: "At the end of the day you are who you are and I love you that way." Can't say fairer than that now, can you?

14. Fool In Love (Produced by Dr Luke, Ester Dean)
Rihanna channels Madge in this midtempo closer about being in love with a bad boy. "Papa he's quite a man, he adores me/ he's my biggest fan," she insists over acoustic guitars that quickly build into '80s-rawk ones, before claiming: "We're too far down the hole/ He's got a hold on my soul." 




0 σχόλια:

Blog Archive

598041_200x200
hiphopshaker

Subscribe Now :

ShakerFeedjit

ShakerContact